Reverse engineering a DQ860MA part 3

I started playing around with the images i've scanned and with a little GIMP magic i was able to create a useful overlay image. As you can see, the quality is not perfect, but still good enough to be very helpful in the reverse engineering...

Reverse engineering a DQ860MA part 2

And here we go with part 2 of my DQ860MA reverse engineering project! After i listed all parts, i desoldered them and cleaned the PCB very well. Then i scanned the PCB from both sides to get a clear image of all the traces. In the next step i will …

Reverse engineering a DQ860MA Part 1

As announced in one of my last posts i will try to reverse engineer the DQ860MA. Unfortunately i realized that the PCB is a 4 layer PCB, which makes it way harder to get a schematic. So as a start i will get a list of all components. part name …

Taking a DQ860MA stepper driver apart

I've bought 4 large stepper motors and 4 DQ860MA drivers on ebay a few days ago. Unfortunately one was faulty from the beginning. The seller sent me a new one winthin 2 days which is awesome, but the best part is that i hadn't to return the...

Reverse engineering of a laser printer galvanometer

The laser unit A few days ago, i opened a broken laser printer to get its laser unit. The printer was a Brother HL2030. I totally forgot to take pictures of the disassembling. The picture shows the laser unit with already dismounted top cover,...